Sanitary pumps are beneficial to transport slurries, agricultural materials and colloids of food in operations like food processing that need cleanliness. These pumps come in several different types.
Types of sanitary pumps
There are mainly four fundamental kinds of sanitary pumps on the market:
- positive displacement
Centrifugal pumps exert centrifugal force to produce velocity. They use rotating impellers in order to push fluids via an outlet valve and enhance velocity. Positive displacement pumps help in using gears, rollers, and impellers to displace fluid in a fixed cavity.
Jet pumps push fluid via a nozzle, thereby converting the energy of the fluid into velocity energy.
Airlift pumps mix gas or air with the liquid so that the level of liquid-air mixture rises up in the pipe and gets discharged above the liquid level.
Different features of sanitary pumps
- You can find sanitary pumps in a variety of features. Adjustable speed pumps operate at varying speeds that are chosen by an operator.
- Duty pumps help in maintaining performance specs at 100% duty cycle.
- A few wastewater pumps comprise of a backup battery, pressure gage, grinding mechanism, level control device, control panel, strainer, thermal overload protection, suction or filter.
- Other kinds of wastewater pumps are close coupled, belt-driven, frame mounted, explosion-proof, jacketed, hygienic, self-priming, seal less, or portable, that is configured to pump stringy or sticky materials.
- Reversible, Multistage, washdown duty capable devices and plug-ins are also available. Sanitary pumps help in movement of media in vertical or horizontal direction on the basis of the direction of the rotor assembly/ pump.
A few significant specs for sanitary pumps are:
- maximum flow of discharge
- maximum discharge pressure
- discharge size
- inlet size
- media temperature
- Power sources that include, direct current, alternating current, gasoline, compressed air, hydraulic systems, diesel fuel, steam, water, natural gas, and solar energy. Sanitary pumps without a power source provide a drive shaft to form a connection to the motor.
Essential sanitation standards differ from one product to another. It is based on the type of regulatory body that supervises processing tasks, local as well as on-site inspectors. These standards include the Food and Drug Administration, the International Association of Food Industry Suppliers and the United States Department of Agriculture.
To buy the right sanitary pipe, it is important to be well informed about it. Hope this article has equipped you with all the necessary information about sanitary pumps.